COVID19: Hours and Availability
Monday-Friday: 6:00am - 6:00pm
Saturdays: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Staff on-site will be limited to accommodate for social distancing guidelines and to adhere to mass gathering requirements. Everyone who enters our building is asked to check in at the Front Desk (Guest Services) upon arrival and again when leaving.
Please wear a mask when entering or exiting our building for the safety of our staff and patrons. Lyon County currently has a mask ordinance as does the City of Emporia. The Emporia Recreation Commission is enforcing this mandate as follows:
- All patrons entering our facility should put on a mask in the parking lot and wear a mask while in route to any activity.
- Face masks are required at all times in the building. The only exceptions are as follows: during heavy, continuous cardio exercise, while in the pool, children age pre-K and under.
- Follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Any ERC outdoor sport held on USD 253 property will require face masks at all times for spectators and players except when actively participating.
For the full ordinances, click below.
For all sports and activities requiring registrations: the web page for each sport or activity includes comprehensive instructions and videos on how to register online. If you need help, please call us during office hours (8am-5pm) at 620-340-6300. We encourage online registrations to reduce traffic in our building at this time.
Fitness Group Studio:
Click here to find out more info on requirements and schedules for indoor sports.
- Indoor Walking Track/Racquetball
- Table Tennis
ERC Locker Rooms
The Emporia Recreation Center Locker Rooms will be partially open to aquatics patrons for the cold winter months. Time will be limited. Showers and lockers will not be available.