COVID19: Hours and Availability
Monday-Friday: 6:00am - 6:00pm
Saturdays: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Staff on-site will be limited to accommodate for social distancing guidelines and to adhere to mass gathering requirements. Everyone who enters our building is asked to check in at the Front Desk (Guest Services) upon arrival and again when leaving.
Please wear a mask when entering or exiting our building for the safety of our staff and patrons. The City Commission has instituted a mask ordinance for the City of Emporia. The Emporia Recreation Commission is enforcing this mandate as follows:
- All patrons entering our facility should put on a mask in the parking lot and wear a mask while in route to any activity.
- Face masks are not required while participating in active exercise, sport or while in the pool.
- Follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Any ERC outdoor sport held on USD 253 property will require face masks at all times for spectators and players except when actively participating.
- Any ERC outdoor sport held on City property will require face masks if social distancing can not be accomplished.
For the full city ordinance, click below.
For all sports and activities requiring registrations: the web page for each sport or activity includes comprehensive instructions and videos on how to register online. If you need help, please call us during office hours (8am-5pm) at 620-340-6300. We encourage online registrations to reduce traffic in our building at this time.
Fitness Group Studio:
Click here to find out more info on requirements and schedules for indoor sports.
- Indoor Walking Track/Racquetball
- Table Tennis
ERC Locker Rooms
Due to COVID19, the Emporia Recreation Center Locker Rooms will remain closed indefinitely. Aquatics patrons will be allowed to use the bathrooms in the locker room by request only. We appreciate your understanding during this time.
COVID 19 Recovery Plan
Click below for the Emporia Recreation Commission COVID19 Recovery Plan. The timeline for reopening was approved by the ERC Board at the monthly meeting on May 18th via Zoom. The timelines and details in this document will evolve as we continue through the COVID19 Ad Astra Plan laid out by Governor Laura Kelly. Please check back here regularly for updates.