Open for grades 1st through 6th, this six-week program is designed for instructional learning and enjoyment of track and field. Practices will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays at the Emporia Middle School track. An informal track meet will be held at the end of the season to showcase our athletes.
- Ages: 1st - 6th Grade
- Registration Opens: December 15, 2018
- Early Bird Registration Closes: April 17, 2019
- Regular Registration Closes: April 26, 2019
- Early Bird Fees: USD253 resident - $30; non-resident: $35
- Regular Fees: USD253 resident - $35; non-resident: $40
- Days: Monday & Wednesday
- Dates: April 29 - June 5
- Time: 6 p.m.
- Location: EMS Track
This instructional golf program will teach the basic fundamentals of golf, along with the proper etiquette of the game. It is designed to meet the needs of the beginning golfer, all the way up to experienced players. The program will be held at the Emporia Municipal Golf Course with Marcus Erkel, head Golf Professional. Participants will meet at Emporia Recreation Center and ride our bus to the golf course. A qualified instructor(s) will conduct the program. Bring your own clubs if possible. Loaner clubs may be available for checkout if needed and a snack bar is available at the golf course. Bring water and a hat. The last two weeks of the program, parents are invited to participate with their kids on the course. There will be six sessions. Sign up for either Tuesdays or Thursdays.
Not Eligible for Youth Fee Waiver.
- Ages: 7 - 14
- Dates: Tuesdays in June & July, 2019 or Thursdays in June & July 2019
- Fees: (Includes transportation and greens fees)
USD 253 Residents: $55
- Time: Bus departs at 1 p.m. and returns at 3 p.m.
- Registration closes: June 2019
- Minimum / maximum participants: 15 / 30 per day
In 2018, George Milton, former Head Tennis Coach at ESU, offered tennis instruction. George brings a wealth of tennis background and experience. Eight lessons are scheduled Monday through Thursday, with selected Fridays used for make-up days due to the weather. Rackets will be provided (when necessary) and all tennis balls; bring your own water bottle. Sessions will be held at Hammond Park Tennis Courts at 18th and Merchant Street.
Not Eligible for Youth Fee Waiver .
- Dates: Summer 2019
- Registration opens: Spring 2019
- Registration closes: Spring 2019
|8 - 8:30 a.m.||5 - 7||$30||16|
|8:30 - 9:15 a.m.||8 - 10||$40||16|
|9:15 - 10:15 a.m.||11 - 13||$50||16|
Tae Kwon Do
Family Fun! Fitness! Flexibility! Leap of Faith Martial Arts (affiliated with Ultimate Martial Arts of Newton, KS) invites you to join our Tae Kwon Do program. Learn self defense, poomsae and more from Black Belts Brad, Noah and Madelynne Douglas. Classes focus on the tenets of TKD: courtesy, integrity, self control, perseverance and indomitable spirit.
- Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays
6 and Up: 6:15 p.m.
Adults; 7:15 p.m.
- Fees: $45 per month first family member, $30 per month each additional