We appreciate you! One punch for every activity $15 or more (excludes SummerScape, RecXtra, Adult Sports). Enrolled online? Show us your receipt for a punch within 2 weeks of paid date. When your card is filled, you receive a $30 credit to be used in one transaction. We will not combine cards or back date, and card must be presented at time of registration. Loyalty cards never expire and you just need one per family.
- Transfers may be made to other activities if a program is cancelled by Emporia Recreation or the participant is unable to attend. This request must be made before the activity/practice begins.
- A credit voucher can be issued if the participant is unable to transfer or attend. This request must be made within three days of the start of the activity / practice. The credit will remain good for one year from the date requested.
- A refund check may be issued if the participant is unable to transfer or attend. This request must be made within three days of the start of the activity / practice. The refund check may be mailed or picked up the third Thursday of the month.
- No refunds will be given after the third day of the activity/practice.
- Day Trips require 48 hour prior notice to receive refund.
Youth Fee Waiver Scholarship Policy
Fee Waiver Scholarships are available for certain activities for children who qualify. The Emporia Recreation Center will follow the guidelines used by USD 253 to determine the qualifications for free or reduced price meals.
Those who reside in the USD 253 school district and are enrolled in kindergarten through tenth grade, may apply for a fee waiver by contacting the Emporia Recreation Main Office. Those eligible for free lunches will have a $5.00 co-pay per activity those with reduced lunches will pay half of the cost of the activity (unless otherwise noted, i.e. soccer and tackle football).
All fee waiver participants are limited to six activities per year (August through July). Your 2018 / 2019 Food Service Eligibility letter must be shown at time of registration to receive the discount.
Eligible Summer Programs
- Camp Wilson
- Swim lessons
- Tackle and flag football