We appreciate you! One punch on your Loyalty Card for every activity $15 or more (excludes SummerScape, RecXtra, Adult Sports, extended coach bus trips) Enrolled online? Show us your receipt for a punch within 2 weeks of paid date. When your card is filled, you receive a $30 credit to be used on one transaction. We will not combine cards or back date, and card must be presented @ time of registration. Loyalty cards never expire and you just need one per family.
- 1. Transfers may be made to other activities if a program is cancelled by Emporia Recreation or the participant is unable to attend. This request must be made 48 hours before the activity/practice begins.
- 2. A credit voucher can be issued if the participant is unable to transfer or attend. This request must be made 48 hours prior to the start of the activity/ practice. The credit will remain good for one year from the date requested.
- 3. A refund check may be issued if the participant is unable to transfer or attend. This request must be made within 48 hours of the start of the activity/ practice. The refund check may be mailed or picked up the third Thursday of the month.
- 4. NO refunds will be given after the activity/practice has started.
- 5. If we cancel a class due to lack of enrollment, Emporia Recreation Commission’s refund policy will take effect. And don’t forget, you can register online!
Youth Fee Waiver Scholarship Policy
Fee Waiver Scholarships are available for certain activities (designated in the activity description) for children who qualify. The Emporia Recreation Center will follow the guidelines used by USD253 to determine the qualifications for free or reduced price meals. Those who reside in the USD253 school district and are enrolled in Kindergarten through tenth grade, may apply for a fee waiver by contacting the Emporia Recreation Main Office. Those eligible for free lunches will pay 25% of the activity, and those with reduced lunches will pay 50% of the cost of the activity (Tackle Football and Youth Soccer will be 50% and 75%). All fee waiver participants are limited to six activities per year (August through July). Your 2019/2020 Food Service Eligibility letter must be shown at time of registration to receive the discount. To obtain a current copy of your eligibility letter, contact USD253 Food Services at 620-341-2382. If you register your child without proof of this letter, you will be charged full price. The letter must be presented at registration to receive discount. No refunds will be given after registration date.
Eligible Summer Programs
- Camp Wilson
- Swim lessons
- Tackle and flag football