We appreciate you! One punch on your Loyalty Card for every activity $15 or more (excludes SummerScape, RecXtra, Adult Sports, extended coach bus trips) Enrolled online? Show us your receipt for a punch within 2 weeks of paid date. When your card is filled, you receive a $30 credit to be used on one transaction. We will not combine cards or back date, and card must be presented @ time of registration. Loyalty cards never expire and you just need one per family.
Early Bird Registrations
Register by the Early Bird date and you will save $5 off the regular fee. This Early Bird discount applies to resident, non-resident and fee waiver registrations. Early Bird Discounts are only available on some activities. See individual activity descriptions for eligibility.
If an activity is cancelled by ERC:
- A credit will be issued to the registrant’s account. Credits can not be transferred across accounts but can be used for any participants under your account. Credits will automatically be applied to your next registration. (We can not hold credits.) The credit will remain good for one year from the date issued.
- If you prefer a refund, you may request one within 30 days of the account credit date. Contact the ERC office at 620-340-6300 or email email@example.com to request a refund.
- All approved refund requests will be issued based on original payment-type. No exceptions. Credit card payments will be credited back to the original card within 3-5 business days of request. All check/cash payments will be issued a refund check. The refund check can be picked up or mailed on the third Thursday of the month.
- The Emporia Recreation Center reserves the right to combine activity sessions as needed. The ERC will contact you if an activity is combined. You must notify ERC staff or contact the ERC office to transfer activities or receive credit if you can not participate in the combined activity session.
- NO credits or refunds will be issued after the activity/practice start date for any reason.
Youth Fee Waiver Scholarship Policy
Fee Waiver Scholarships are available for designated activities and programs at the Emporia Recreation Center. The Emporia Recreation Center will follow the guidelines used by USD 253 to determine the qualifications for free or reduced price meals to determine scholarship eligibility.
- Those who reside in the USD253 school district and are enrolled in Kindergarten through tenth grade may qualify for a fee waiver.
- All fee waiver participants are limited to six activities per year (August through July).
- Due to COVID19, if you currently have an eligibility letter on file for the 2019/2020 school year, we will continue your eligibility for a fee waiver for the 2020/2021 school year.
- If you are newly eligible, a copy of your 2020/2021 Food Service Eligibility letter must be emailed or mailed to the ERC prior to activity registration to receive the scholarship.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to Emporia Recreation Center, 313 West 4th Ave, Emporia, KS 66801
- Call the office to make an appointment at 620-340-6300
- To obtain a current copy of your eligibility letter, contact USD253 Food Services at 620-341-2382.
- No refunds will be issued for fee waiver discounts after registration is complete.
Scholarships for eligible activities are as follows:
- Free lunches = 75% discount for each activity*
- Reduced lunches = 50% discount for each activity*
*Tackle Football,Youth Soccer and Camp Wilson have specific waiver discounts. See activity description for discount information on those activities.